- We are a Not For Profit and it is really unusual to pay committee members. We are NOT BP
- If committee members are unpaid volunteers they have a lot of legal protection under Queensland law
- It is a very bad look when traders are selling soap at 1UNIT and Committee members are billing the system for 1000 UNITS
- We are a trading organization, not a bureaucracy organization if we pour money into the bureaucracy we will get more bureaucracy
- because accepting payment makes me an employee and I’m NOT an employee, I’m a trader.
Committee members are members as well, I see no harm in them being paid to do work for the organisation
Just like every other member
I could be wrong
and there is plenty of room for other arrangements but this is what I am thinking
what do you think ?