A committee is best when people barely know it exists.Misquoted from Lao-tse (c. 565 B.C.)
Not so good when people obey and acclaim it.
Worse when they despise it.
But of a good committee. who talks little,
when their work is done,
their aim fulfilled,
they (the people) will say: ‘We did it ourselves.’
- As the T&C suggests, decisions should be made by the people who do the work
- Committee meetings should be brief and virtual. Zoom’s 40-minute limit is useful
- Discussions should be public and inclusive
- Procedures and decisions need to be documented
- Conflict resolution techniques should be supported